Just Tyres share important road rules from around the world, so for all those many people wanting to explore down under and plan to hire a car or camper over here, check out these five tips for driving in #Australia
- Fines: If you are spending time in Australia, make sure you are aware of any public holidays or celebrations and be extra diligent when driving. In order to reduce the risk of accidents on these busy weekends, some states in Australia double their fines and demerit points.
- Drinking and Driving: Australia have strict laws when it comes to drinking and driving, and the legal limit is 0.05 blood alcohol level. However, learners and those with a provisional driver’s licence must have a blood alcohol level of zero.
- Renting vehicles: It’s likely that you’ll want to rent a vehicle when you visit Australia so you can explore as much as possible, but most rental vehicles will have restrictions in place of where they can be driven. These may vary between providers, so be sure to check with your provider about any restrictions and limits beforehand.
- License: Always remember to carry your valid in-date driver’s license.
- Safety: Always ensure you and your passengers wear seatbelts during your journeys and that you stay as road safe as possible, including checking your tyres before long journeys: The final piece will have the full article: http://www.justtyres.co.uk/world-road-rules/)