Just Tyres share important road rules from around the world, so if you are travelling this summer and plan to hire a car, check out these five tips for driving in #Italy
- Off limit driving: If you see a place with a the sign ‘Zone a Traffico Limitato’ (ZTLs), DON’T DRIVE THERE! These zones are off limits to any drivers who aren’t residents of the street or area… and any non-residents, such as holidaymakers and travellers, found driving there will be fined.
- Pollution charges: If you’re heading to the fashion capital of Italy, Milan, don’t forget to purchase an eco-pass. Milan has a pollution charge in place between the hours of 7:30am and 7:30pm from Monday to Friday.
- Travelling with children: For those travelling around Milan on a motorbike or moped, bear in mind that it is illegal for any child under the age of five to be a passenger on one of these vehicles. Prepare in advance to make sure you have an appropriate method of transport for the child, or you’re familiar with Italian public transport.
- License: Always remember to carry your valid in-date driver’s license.
- Safety: Always ensure you and your passengers wear seatbelts during your journeys and that you stay as road safe as possible, including checking your tyres before long journeys: For more information on www.justtyres.co.uk