Partnerships need to be positive and strong… and daily life can get in the way of building these all-important connections with our significant others… so here are five tips to help you to re-connect and team build with your partner…
- Survive together… Go camping… not glamping! Reconnect with nature and each other. Cook with a portable stove and share a sleeping bag to stay warm.
- Talk together… Yes – look into each other’s eyes and communicate about anything; about life, about cool stuff… but do not gossip! And, do not have your phone or iPad in arm’s reach. Reconnect old school style.
- Build together… buy a piece of flat-pack furniture – that you need of course! One of you read the instructions and the other one can check all the bits are there before you build it from the ground up.
- Cook together… usually within a relationship there is one person that prefers the cooking than the other… but try cooking together; choosing a recipe, buying the ingredients and taking the time to prepare the food, whilst listening to your favourite songs.
- Create together… Do something really fun like making a giant origami pet… check out this video for inspiration:
Image: copyright J P Martin