Rumbi Serima-Fowler founder shares her story in the video below of starting her natural beauty business after being inspired by her autistic son’s needs, and Rumi shares her natural beauty tips too…
Secretions of sweat, sebum and the skin’s own natural moisturizer, with a PH of between 4.5 and 6.2, blended together and distributed across the skin’s surface, it acts like a protective film covering your skin; hence the name Acid Mantle… Mimi’s Organics products are oil and butter based, with no ph. value they perfectly maintain the acid mantle, and here are 5 tips for maintaining it…
- Oil Cleansing: High alkaline surfactants are likely to neutralize the acid mantle leaving the skin more predisposed to damage and infection. Mimi’s has an excellent cleansing oil containing Jojoba oil, with essential omega-3 and 6, Almond and Apricot Kernel oil. Excellent for unclogging pores, oil dissolves dirt, gently removing impurities without damaging the epidermis. It also forms a protective layer over the skin.
- Makeup Remover / Micellar Water (3 in 1): Hard water, high in iron, calcium and magnesium is extremely alkaline and may disrupt the acid mantle causing sensitive, irritated skin. Using a micellar water effectively dissolves the dirt and keeps your skin soft and nourished. Mimi’s Make Up Remover contains Rose, Chamomile and Lavender Waters, with top oils like Jojoba, Olive, Primrose Evening and Apricot kernel, vitamin E, Rosemary leaf extract and Roman Chamomile essential oil, to cleanse, tone and moisturise.
- Exfoliating: Chemical peels, micro dermabrasion and spot treatments can damage and shift the Acid Mantle’s scale-like structure, enabling bacteria and viruses to penetrate the skin. Mimi’s exfoliating facial scrub with jojoba exfoliating grains gently removes dead cells and brightens dull skin. Containing unprocessed shea butter, moisturising Macadamia nut oil and Lavender with its antibacterial and antiviral properties.
- Toning: Toning is an essential step in your beauty regime. It removes any residue. Mimi’s toner contains Lavender, Neroli, Frankincense and Geranium Rose These have antiviral, antibacterial antifungal, antiseptic, regenerative and revitalising properties, individually and collectively, balance the skin’s ph., protecting the Acid Mantle.
- Serum: Moisturising the skin after washing helps keep the skin’s PH within the normal range. A serum is ideal because unlike creams containing 5% – 10 %, serums are up to 80% active ingredient rich. Mimi’s Repair Serum has 13 oils such as Camelina, Macadamia nut, Rosehip and Seabuckthorne and Myrrh. Combined they boast omega 3 essential fatty acids, vitamin C and A, and more. They have detoxifying effects, good for oily, large-pored, combination & sensitive skin with palmitoleic acid which is naturally occurring in our skin as part of sebum thus maintaining moisture levels for dry skin.
- Night Revitaliser: Daily your skincare routine should conclude with an overnight revitaliser to repair the Acid Mantle. Studies indicate that apart from the elements, other pollutants, the electronic gadgets that we use daily affect our skin. Mimi’s award winning Night Revitalizer is a nutritious combination of 19 renown luxurious, oils, butters and essential oils. A rich emollient contains vitamins A, D, E, K and delivers a raft of benefit too numerous to mention here. Gives skin a flawless radiant look in the morning.