Lemons get a bad name… they may be a tad too tangy at times, or too bitter for your taste buds, but they are a great addition to your weekly grocery pick-up… here are 5 tips for using lemons to stay healthy…
- Drink lemon and warm water to kick start your digestive system in the morning.
- Lemons are said to have anti-bacterial properties, so to soothe a sore throat, mix up a warm water, honey and lemon drink.
- Get your vital dose of Vitamin C by squeezing a lemon and downing it neat!
- Add a squeeze of lemon to your seafood and fish dishes to bring out natural flavours and to reduce the fishy smell of your meal that can sometimes make our tummies turn.
- Add lemon zest to a clean cakes recipe for an afternoon treat… This Clean Cake book by Henrietta Inman is amazing.