Children in modern society have more choice, more snacks, and more complaints about what they eat; here are 5 tips for getting your children to eat healthy food…
- Eat together and have the same meals, even if it is a small amount you are having.
- Smile and say ‘yum’, do this in a natural way, so your children pick up on your enjoyment; it is likely that they will mirror your actions to eating healthy foods.
- Cook with them, encourages interest in food, and is a fun way for them to learn, as well as spending time with them. It adds another dimension to the whole eating experience.
- Teach gratitude towards their meals. If your children learn to be grateful, they will pretty much eat what you cook.
- Be consistent with snacking; when and what your children are snacking on… And avoid cooking different meals for everybody, and if you threaten “no treats” or “no dessert”, then stick to it every time.