These are easy to make, and a perfect snack to grab and go when you are on the way to the gym or doing the school run, or throughout the day when you need an energy boast.
- Grab the right ingredients: Medjool dates (200g/1 cup), 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, 4 tablespoons of raw cacao powder, oats (2 cups), 2 tablespoons of raisins, 2 tablespoons of chia seeds, and a pinch of salt.
- Add the Medjool dates and coconut oil to a food processor and pulse until a paste is formed
- Transfer this paste into a bowl and add in all the other ingredients
- Roll a tablespoon of the mixture into a ball. Continue doing this until the mixture is finished
- Put rolled balls into the freezer for an hour, then store in a container in the fridge or eat immediately (these will last a few days)
Oreke is a British-African model, and food blogger. For more recipes and tips from Oreke go to YummyMummyUK.com