Enjoy this simple and delicious smoothie for breakfast or as part of your first meal of the day. Here are 5 steps to making a lovely, healthy breakfast smoothie.
- Pop one frozen or chilled (peeled) banana to a blender (a ripe banana is best as it is sweeter, if you would like to add more sweetness other than the fruit, add nectar or honey)
- Add two cups of frozen strawberries (fresh ones can be frozen, or add a smaller portion of refrigerated ones with some ice cubes).
- Add 1 small tub of Greek yogurt
- Add some chia seeds which are gluten free and a great source of protein and fibre
- Whizz everything up and pour into a large glass, and enjoy on its own, or with a small bowl of porridge, or a handful of mixed nuts.